Moon Design is proud to announce that the HeroQuest Core Rules are now available for sale from www.glorantha.com or www.heroquest-rpg.com!
You can directly order copies of the new HeroQuest Core Rules book and download pdfs from the website. We regret to inform you that our current eCommerce vendors do not support bundles of books and pdfs. We are exploring options to fix that in the future but until then, comfort yourself with the knowledge that the money will be going to make sure we have more money to pay for art and writers!
BTW, we are still working out the kinks with Plimus (our PDF vendor). If it takes a little while for you to get an email with the download link - be patient. They are still checking to make sure that we aren't some sort of nefarious international outfit! The first dozen or so PDF downloaders are likely to get some initial weirdness (for example, you may get a phone call from Plimus just to make sure that you really ordered the PDF). Just be patient and we will make sure that you will get your PDF!
But without any further ado:
Anything you can imagine, you can play…
HeroQuest is the innovative, dynamic, and flexible rules engine by Robin Laws, suitable for play in any genre or setting. It present a simple and flexible system that allows Game Masters to make decisions the way authors and screenwriters do when creating novels, TV episodes and movies. HeroQuest encourages creative input from your players, resulting in an exciting, unpredictable narrative created through group collaboration. Its resolution methods and scalable character levels make it equally suited for any genre, from epic fantasy to satirical soap opera. Whether your next game idea draws on horror, war, westerns, martial arts, pulps, cyberpunk, cliff-hangers, giant robots, super-powered heroes, space opera, cop action, corporate intrigue, furry animals, swashbuckling adventure, Greek tragedy or even drawing room comedy, HeroQuest can handle it! You can even use HeroQuest to emulate a musical – although it won’t do the singing or dancing for you.
Completely rewritten by the Robin Laws, this new edition opens and details running the core system for any genre.
What’s in this book?
This book contains everything needed for play:
- Character Creation – describe your character and get playing in minutes.
- Overcoming Obstacles – handling conflict, be it with swords, words, magic, superpowers, guns or armies.
- Playing Stories – how to vividly run your adventures in engaging and creative ways.
- Narrating - the secrets for balancing the give and take between narrators and players.
- Followers and Support – how your sidekick, followers, horde, army or community help you.
- Creating Genres – details for creating and detailing your game world.
- Gaming in Glorantha - a separate section on applying this system to Glorantha.
- Quick Reference – so you don’t have to hunt for the information you really need.
- Glorious Reascent of Yelm - THE Dara Happan background book
- Arcane Lore - Greg's notes on the development of his thoughts concerning heroquesting and Gloranthan magic
- The Middle Sea Empire - THE background book for the God Learners and the Jrusteli Empire
- History of the Heortling Peoples - THE background book for the Orlanthi of Sartar and Heortland, as well as the Arkat Wars, Harmast and the EWF
- Dragon Pass: Gazetteer of Kerofinela
- Imperial Lunar Handbook, volumes 1 and 2
- Blood Over Gold
- Men of the Sea
- Masters of Luck and Death
Check out the website and maybe buy yourself a book or download. Or two. Or three (or four, five, six or more!)